Façade Improvement Program
The City of Le Sueur is proud of its historic downtown and encourages property owners to maintain and invest in their properties to preserve them as profitable businesses and attractive destinations for years to come! The Le Sueur Economic Development Authority’s (EDA) Façade Improvement Loan Program allows businesses to apply for a forgivable loan for exterior building improvements. Work covered under the program includes:
- Signage and Exterior Lighting
- Façade painting, repair, reconstruction or replacement of historic features, storefront restorations, replacement or enhancements.
- Awnings or canopies
- Signage and exterior lighting
- Gutter and downspouts Handicap accessibility
- Window and door replacement or entrance modifications
- Any other items deemed appropriate by the Economic Development Authority
Businesses can apply for a forgivable loan for exterior-building improvements. Loan forgiveness takes place over a five-year period with 20 percent of the award forgiven annually. The maximum award is $5,000; however, the EDA may consider increased awards for renovation to historic commercial properties.
We hope many businesses will take advantage of this exciting new program which will assist in rejuvenating our local economy.
Facade Improvement Loan Application