Seats Open for Election in 2022
There are four (4) total council seats open for election on the 2022 ballot.
Three 4-year terms
- Mark Huntington
- Mavin Sullivan
- Pam Williams
One 2-year term
- Newell Krogmann
- Mike Touhey
Filing for City Council
- Filing Period is August 2nd - August 16th (filing opens at 8:00am on August 2nd and closes at 5:00pm on August 16th).
- Candidates will need a Nomination Petition (PDF) (also available at City Hall). The candidate must obtain 25 signatures of registered voters in the City Limits of Le Sueur, signing for no more than the number of seats open.
- Candidates file an Affidavit of Candidacy with City Hall and pay a $2 filing fee. Affidavit of Candidacy forms are available at City Hall.
- Candidates may withdraw their candidacy no later than 2 days after the last day of filing (form available at City Hall).
- Candidates must be 21 years of age at the time of taking office, be a U.S. citizen, a resident of the City of Le Sueur for at least 30 days before the election, and be a qualified city voter.
- An individual convicted of a felony under state or federal law cannot hold an elective office unless their civil rights have been restored.
General Council Information
- City Council Meetings are the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month at 6:30pm.