- Vote in person during the 46 days prior to a regularly scheduled election
- Complete the entire process by mail (absentee ballots are available 46 days prior to Election Day).
- Apply online on the Secretary of State website.
Absentee Voting in Person
In-Person Absentee Voting Location
Le Sueur County Courthouse
88 South Park Avenue
Le Center, MN 56057
General Election Absentee Voting Hours - Le Sueur County Courthouse
September 23, 2016 - November 6, 2016
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Fridays: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday, November 5, 2016: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Monday, November 7, 2016: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Absentee Voting by Mail
Remember to allow at least 7 days between requesting your absentee ballot and completing the voting process. Absentee Ballot Applications may also be obtained from the city or county elections offices. Return the completed application to the Le Sueur County courthouse elections office.
On Election Day the deadlines and requirements for return of an absentee ballot are:
- Absentee ballots delivered by United States Postal Service (USPS) must be received by the county election office by the last regular USPS mail delivery on Election Day.
- Absentee ballots hand-delivered by an agent of the voter (a commercial delivery service or any individual other than the voter) must be received by the county election office by 3 p.m. on Election Day.
- On Election Day, absentee ballots can be delivered to the Le Sueur County Courthouse (not the polls) until 3 p.m.
- Absentee ballots cannot be delivered directly to a polling place.